What we do for families
The agencies and parents who belong to TCFCFC have agreed to work toward providing all families and children with the resources to make family life and children’s future the best they can be. It is our goal to:
- Mobilize child and family serving partners to identify services our county needs to support children and families and to work with agencies to implement evidence-based programs to address these needs.
- Ensure multi-need children and their families receive coordinated care and local supports through Service Coordination.
- Empower parents who can provide education and advocacy for Tuscarawas County families.
Help Me Grow
Being a parent can be a really tough job. The Help Me Grow program gives parents someone to talk to about being a parent. It is an in-home parent education program for families with children ages birth to 3 years of age, or who are expecting a baby.
The program provides many services including:
- Information on child development
- Ideas to help you and your child learn and grow together
- Connection with community resources
- Contact with other parents who have similar parenting
concerns or questions
- Child health and developmental screenings
- Weekly/monthly visits with a trained home visitor
- Fun ideas to increase the connections in your family
Parents’ Rights: www.ohiohelpmegrow.org/parents/parentsrights.aspx
Procedural Safeguards: www.ohiohelpmegrow.org/professional/laws/policies.aspx
Call us at (330) 343-8171 to find out how we can help you.
Our Mission is to develop a pool of parents to provide education and advocacy for Tuscarawas County families. We like to think of ourselves as parents helping parents. Check the Upcoming Events section of this website for our current activities!
For more information about the FACT Team, call Robin Bowdish at Tuscarawas County Family & Children First (330)343-2286 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
You can also find our group on Facebook at Tusc Fact Team.